Who We Are?
Smart Tax & Accountancy Ltd is a provider of Commercial contractor and compliance services and our company registration number is 11548481 registered at 5 Dashwood Lang Road, Weybridge, Surrey, England, KT15 2NY.
Compliance is key to our business and so we take your privacy very seriously and when we do collect data, we do so under the UK General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act 2018, as a data controller.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
When Do We Collect Your Data?
We collect your personal information in several ways:
· When you provide it to us directly on signing up to our services
· When you visit our website
· When you contact us by any means e.g., telephone, email
· When you give permission to a third party to share it. We will always check with the data provider that you have agreed to receiving data from third parties
The Type of Data We Collect
Collecting very specific, relevant information is a necessary part of us being able to provide you with the services and products that support you and your business:
We collect the following information:
· Your full name
· Your contact information including email address and phone numbers
· Copies of any documentation you provide to us including registration forms
· We will keep details and recordings of your communications with us through email, telephone, in writing, in person.
· Details of your visits to our website, and how you came to our website, and information gathered using cookies in your web browser
We use your information in the following circumstances:
· Where we need to perform the services, we, are about to enter or, have entered with you
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
· Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
We can break the data we collect into the following categories:
Clients and Self-Employed Contractors
As a Smart Tax customer, we need to collect and use information about you, your colleagues and company to provide you with our services such as:
1. Registering you for payment
2. Collect relevant photo ID
3. Ensuring compliance with tax and employment laws
4. Documentation confirming your self-employed status including your unique tax reference
5. Collecting PAYE data to deliver our Bureau services on behalf of our clients
6. Responding to your queries and requests for information
7. Determining your tax status as Sole Trader, CIS, PAYE or Ltd. Co.
8. Making payment, deducting tax and the appropriate National Insurance contributions
9. Determining the work, you do in line with legislation
10. Completing a registration form
11. Assessing business arrangements
12. Business processing for the management of VAT if applicable
The list is not exhaustive about the data Smart Tax collects and how we use it, for further information send a request to our office, details are below. We will only ask you for the details that we need to enable us to carry out our contractual arrangements to ensure our service to you runs smoothly.
Who Do We Share Data With?
We will only share your data under certain circumstances where we are contractually or legally bound to do so. This may include sharing data with a law enforcement agency where for example fraud is suspected or where a compliant is being dealt with. Alternatively, where we have your consent to share your data this is shared based on consent. We do not transfer data outside of the European Economic Area. We will not sell your information.
We use Wordpress to host our site and to collect basic information about users and site activity.
Smart Tax Employees both current and historic - what will we do with the information you provide to us?
All the information you provide will only be used for the purpose of managing your contract of employment, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of the information you provide during your contract with any third parties for marketing purposes. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format. What information do we ask for, and why?
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Looking After Your Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We continually monitor our systems for potential areas of risk.
We will only keep your data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Access to Personal Information
Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a request under the General Data Protection Regulation. If we do hold information about you, we will:
Provide a description of it; tell you why we are holding it; tell you who it could be disclosed to, and let you have a copy of the information in a reasonable amount of time. To make a request to Smart Tax for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing to our office, full details below.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. However, in cases where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Checking your identity
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your data, or anything that you’ve asked us to do in respect of it, please write to us using the details below. Likewise, if you think there are areas, we can improve upon we welcome your feedback.
How to Contact Us
You can write to us or email us at:
Smart Tax & Accountancy Ltd
5 Dashwood Lang Road, Weybridge, Surrey, England, KT15 2NY